Are you looking for a delicious and healthy dessert recipe? Look no further than this amazing Apple Crumble. This dish is easy to make from scratch, and it’s the perfect dessert for any occasion – including Thanksgiving. The best part, it’s packed with whole ingredients, nutrients, and vitamins that will help keep you healthy and energized.
When it comes to warm apple treats, “good for you” doesn’t have to mean difficult to make. In fact, this dish is so simple that anyone can make it. Just cube the apples, mix them with other ingredients, and make the crumble and bake. Voila – you’ve got a delicious and healthy apple crumble ready to eat.
This recipe consists of two parts: the apple filling and the crumbly top.
• 6 large apples, peeled, cored, and cubed (I prefer Pink Ladies but any variety works)
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 3 tbsp maple syrup
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1/4 tsp nutmeg
• 1 tsp cornstarch
• 1 cup of raisins (optional)
• 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
• 2 cups almond flour
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 2/3 cup maple syrup
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Grease an 11×8 baking dish (any size will do)
3. Peel, core, and cube apples to about 1 inch thick
4. Toss the apple cubes into a mixing bowl
5. Add lemon juice, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, raisins, and cornstarch
6. Set aside
7. In another mixing bowl, mix oats, almond flour, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt
8. Add syrup and butter. Mix together with your hands until crumbly.
9. Pour the apple mixture into the greased baking dish
10. Top the apple mixture with dollops of the crumble, and evenly spread the crumble on top of the apple mixture
11. Bake for 45 minutes
12. Cover the top with aluminum foil if it starts browning too early
13. Serve warm
(Yields 12 servings, 230 calories per serving)