The simple flat sheet pan has become the indispensable kitchen partner of home cooks everywhere. Not only can it simplify meal prep and make cleanup easier than ever, but its versatility means that you can easily whip up a delicious dinner to suit any palate – or dietary restriction! All it takes is one pan in the oven – no fuss, barely any mess.
If convenience isn’t enough to win your affection for sheet pan recipes, the incredible range of flavors you can delve into with a sheet pan will surely seal the deal. Whether you’re in the mood for a savory and comforting chicken and vegetable dinner, a healthy and flavorful salmon and asparagus meal, or a riff on vegan takeout, sheet pan recipes can accommodate any craving.
Plus, by cooking everything in a single pan, the flavors and juices from the different ingredients blend, creating a rich and complex flavorful taste that is hard to beat.
Below you’ll find three easy and delicious sheet pan recipes are sure to please the whole family.
Lemon Garlic Salmon and Asparagus:
Sheet pan Lemon Garlic Salmon and Asparagus is an incredibly tasty meal that’s easy to prepare.
All you need is a sheet pan, fresh salmon, some crunchy asparagus spears, and simple seasonings like garlic and lemon juice. When baked together in the oven for about 20 minutes, the salmon comes out slightly caramelized and succulent, while the asparagus stays crisp and flavorful. The combination of ingredients provides a balanced meal full of healthy fats, protein, and vitamins. Plus, it’s absolutely delicious!
• 1 pound asparagus
• 2 pounds of salmon with fillet skin on
• 5 garlic cloves minced or finely chopped
• ½ cup chopped parsley
• 3 tsp olive oil
• Juice from 2 lemons
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic cloves, parsley, and pepper to taste in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Line your sheet pan with a large piece of aluminum foil (to fold over salmon) large and brush the foil in the sheet pan with olive oil.
4. Arrange fresh asparagus on the sheet pan in a single layer.
5. Pat salmon fillet dry.
6. Place salmon fillets on top of the asparagus and smear the lemon garlic sauce on the salmon.
7. Loosely fold the foil over the salmon fillet.
8. Bake in the oven for 12 to 20 minutes until the salmon is thoroughly cooked and the asparagus is tender (the cooking time depends on the thickness of your salmon).
9. Carefully uncover your salmon and broil for two minutes.
10. Serve with a side of rice or quinoa for a healthy and tasty meal.
Per Serving: 413 calories, 24g fat, 4g carbohydrates, 2g sugar, 2g fiber, 46g protein
Sheet Pan Chicken & Vegetables
Sheet pan-roasted chicken and vegetables is an incredibly tasty and nutritious meal. It’s super easy to make, too. All you need is a sheet pan, some quality cuts of chicken, a variety of sought-after vegetables, and a few flavorful seasonings.
Once it’s popped in the oven for about 25 minutes, you’re left with perfectly golden-brown chicken and vegetables bursting with flavor. This balanced meal is packed with protein from the chicken and vitamins from the vegetables, making it both delicious and healthy.
• Chicken pieces bone-in
• Chopped carrots
• Broccoli flowerets
• Bell peppers cut
• Red potatoes – small or quartered
• Brussels sprouts halved
• 2 tbs olive oil
• Garlic powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Arrange vegetables on the sheet pan in a single layer.
3. Drizzle vegetables with olive oil.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
5. For the chicken seasoning, mix paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper
6. Place chicken on top of the vegetables.
7. Sprinkle season mixture over chicken pieces.
8. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked (chicken inside temp should reach 165 degrees F) and the vegetables are tender.
9. Serve your comforting and filling meal.
Per Serving: 479 calories, 32g fat, 13g carbohydrates, 2g sugar, 2g fiber, 32g protein
Sheet Pan Teriyaki & Broccoli
Wave goodbye to limp and boring tofu. This sheet pan recipe is guaranteed to change your opinion of this vegan/gluten free meal. One bite and you’ll be addicted to its irresistible combination of flavor and crunch.
• 1 Block package of Extra firm tofu
• 1 pound broccoli cut in pieces
• ½ cup cornstarch
• 3 scallion / green onion stalks diced
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• Garlic salt to taste
• ½ cup soy sauce
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 1 tbsp rice vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Press excess water from the tofu block, and slice it into cubes
3. Toss the tofu with cornstarch (secret to crispy outside)
4. Spread the tofu in a single layer on one side of the pan.
5. Toss cut broccoli with olive oil, garlic, and salt.
6. Arrange seasoned broccoli on the other side of the sheet pan.
7. Bake until crisp, between 30 and 35 minutes.
8. While the tofu and broccoli are cooking, pour soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and rice vinegar into a small bowl and whisk.
9. Pour the sauce into a saucepan and simmer until thickened.
10. Drizzle the sauce over the cooked tofu and broccoli and toss.
11. Sprinkle the cut scallions on top.
12. Serve Tofu & Broccoli over rice, or eat it just as it is.
Per Serving: 190 calories, 8g fat, 25g carbohydrates, 7g sugar, 1g fiber, 4g protein